Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Sore Throat" Tea


I found this on pinterest and decided to give it a try. I like to think that I don't get sick that often but I had a horrible chest cold last September and then in mid-November I got a really bad head cold. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to at least try :)

Winter sore throat "tea". In a jar, combine lemon slices, organic honey and sliced ginger. Close jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a "jelly". To serve: Spoon jelly into mug and pour boiling water over it. Store in fridge 2-3 months. (I leave out the ginger, I HATE ginger.)


UPDATE on 9/2/12: I have since added in fresh, grated ginger to the "jelly" as my sister, Lisa, pointed out that it's probably the most important part. I'm gonna have to "man up" and enjoy ginger. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment