Thursday, July 1, 2010

Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad

So I got up early this morning and pulled out my crockpot. I threw in 3 chicken breasts and a cup of water with a chicken Oxo cube. Have I ever mentioned just how much I LOVE OXO? They're probably the best bouillon cubes in the world and if any of you would like to try some just holler and I'll send you a few boxes.
So anyway, 4.5 hours later I pull the lid off the crockpot and dive in with 2 forks and shred all this delicious juicy chicken to bits and pieces. I now have a tupperware full of shredded chicken. Why? Because I'm making 2 pasta salads this week that need chicken.

Here's the first one.



Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad

* 1/2 cup Caesar Dressing
* 3 cups pre-cooked chicken breast, skinned and shredded
* 3 cups hot cooked penne pasta
* 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
* 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley
* 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
* 1 garlic clove, minced

Put it all in a big freaking bowl ... mix and chill.. and EAT IT ...

Substitutions:
1. I didn't feel like making a Caesar dressing so I used Marzetti Supreme Caesar Dressing. I also used well over half a cup. I don't like dry pasta salad.
2. I didn't shred my carrots, I used my Pampered Chef chopper and chopped the hell outta them.

3. I couldn't find fresh basil anywhere so I used a bunch of dried basil. Probably a good 3 tablespoons.

4. I doubled the garlic. I really love garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment