Saturday, July 17, 2010

Reposting this from Facebook

This is one of my mom's recipes that I've always loved and I never make because the only thing in here Gary would eat is the potatoes and salt probably but whatever. I made this Thursday evening and it will be gone by Monday morning. I've had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.. lol.

Summer Italian Salad

You're going to need:
- 5 cups cooked potatoes (big cubes)
- 1.5 cups celery chopped
- 1 cup diced Provalone
- 3/4 cups Summer Sausage
- 1/4 cup pepperchinis (save the juice)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregeno (I use Italian Seasonings instead)
- bunch of cherry tomatoes (I usually cut these in half for salads but I left them whole this time... luhhhazy)


Directions:
1.Toss together the potatoes, cheese, celery, sausage, onion and pepperchinis.

2. Blend together sour cream, pepperchini juice, oregeno and salt

3. Mix the dressing into the potato mixture.

4. Fold in half of the tomatoes and chill for several hours.

5. Top with the remaining tomatoes.

- I use the whole stick of summer sausage because I just do.. no reason.
- I'm not really sure HOW much pepperchini juice to use measurement wise. I just pour it in until the dressing is thin enough to coat everything in the salad.
- I used 2 cups of sour cream instead of 1.5. I HATE dry salads.
- I used double the banana pepper rings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment