Monday, October 8, 2012

Crockpot Mexican Soup/Stew

I know that it's been awhile since I've posted a recipe. Now that I look at it, it's been awhile since I've posted anything. Sorry! I've been busy and other than painting my nails, I haven't really been up to anything blog post worthy. I also haven't really been trying new recipes so I haven't had much to post food wise.

That being said, I have a new one to post! Gary is going TDY for 2 weeks to Florida. He's leaving on Saturday so this was our last weekend together for the month. Since today was Columbus Day he didn't have to work so we took advantage of this and went to see "Taken 2". It was fabulous. There were a few obnoxious people in the theater but I took a Klonopin before we left, so I didn't feel all stabby stabby.

I prepared this meal this morning and turned on the crockpot on our way out the door so that dinner was ready a short while after getting home from the movies.

I did take this recipe from Paleomg and her recipe also calls for cilantro lime "rice" (which is made with mashed cauliflower for those not familiar with Paleo). Gary doesn't like paleo "rice" AT ALL and I didn't feel like making it just for me. SO, if you want the ENTIRE recipe, including the "rice"... it's right here. :)

You're going to need:
1 TBS olive oil
1lb chicken breast (I actually used 1.5 because, well I just did)
1/2 of chicken broth (I used an entire cup and next time I"ll probably use 2 cups)
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
1 yellow onion slivered
1/2 a jar of roasted red peppers (I used a 12oz jar)
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed with a knife (I used .. double. We love garlic!)
1 TBS chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano (oops, I must have forgotten this)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder (I added this on my own)
1 tsp salt
pepper, to taste (oops, forgot this too)

Take all of the above... throw it in your crockpot. BUT be warned, if you throw it and miss and make a mess, I'm not coming over to clean that crap up.
Mix it all up and cook it on high for about 4 hours.
Once it's done shred the chicken up with 2 forks or whatever and serve it.

This is deeeeliiiiiciiiooouuuuusss!

No comments:

Post a Comment