My sister (Lisa) told me about this recipe... I made it last night, frosted it this morning and tried it about 5 minutes after frosting it and BOY OH BOY... super sweet, super moist.. (I hate that word) and super delicious!
Coconut Cream Cake
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
* 3 eggs
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
* 1 (14 oz) can coconut cream
* 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water and coconut flavoring. Beat for 2 minutes and pour into 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
3. In a medium bowl, combine coconut cream with sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth. When cake comes out of the oven, poke holes into it in even rows using a large fork or chopsticks. Pour milk mixture over, allowing it to soak into the cake. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
4. In a large bowl, whisk cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with flaked coconut.
1. You can find coconut cream in the alcoholic mixer section of the grocer OR also sometimes in the Ethnic food aisle.
2. pour mixture over cake right away but let sit to room temperature before putting into the fridge.
3. Use your judgment on the mixture. I only used about 2/3rds of the 28 oz total.
4. Try toasting your coconut before putting it on top. It's nice and crunchy. I think next time I'll leave it un-toasted and see which one I prefer.
5. This is NOT diabetes friendly so don't over do it. :D