Sunday, August 19, 2012

Blueberry Honey Coconut Cups

Mine look like garbage so I didn't take a picture and I didn't want to steal someone's picture so we're going without one this time.

THESE THINGS ARE SO FREAKING GOOD!!! If you like blueberries, coconut and honey you have to make these. BUT one of the ingredients you have to special order so plan in advance. :(

You're going to need:
1 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate*
1 cup blueberries
1 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
1/3 cup raw honey
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup cashews, chopped (or other nut of choice)**


Now place a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add your blueberries and honey. Mix to help break down the blueberries.
Once your blueberries have pretty much turned to mush, add your coconut oil and coconut cream concentrate. They're not going to totally mush, but you'll be able to easily smoosh one against the side of the pan.
Mix thoroughly.
Remove from heat and add your shredded coconut and cashews.
Line your muffin tin with silicone liners or paper muffin liners, pour mixture into each cup to a height that you prefer, then place in freezer for about 30 minutes. Obviously freezers are different. Melia's might freeze them in 30 seconds... I checked mine after about 45.

*I haven't found this ANYWHERE except the website I linked to. They have it in stock now, but sometimes they're out. Spring for the big jar. You'll need it in a lot of Paleo desserts so you might as well spend the extra $8 or so.

**I left the nuts out and doubled the shredded coconut. Gary doesn't like nuts at all and I figured the best way to get him to try it is without. I've also been doing some research and I'm reading that nuts are not good for your complexion at all so I'm avoiding them when possible. I broke out like a mofo but I was also eating 1/2 bag of pistachios a day... whoops?


No comments:

Post a Comment