Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cherry Jam Crepes

Once again, THANKS JULI!
I did take a picture but it looks like a big pile of goo because I didn't listen to her and wait til the crepes cooled to pile with whipped cream and again, I don't like to take other people's pictures.

You want to plan ahead for this recipe and put an open can of coconut milk in the fridge the night before. CAN not CARTON.

You also can't appreciate the full experience of cooking this without a big fat Walter laying in the middle of the kitchen floor the entire time so you trip and or step over him every time you turn around. Head to your nearest SPCA and grab the fattest cat you can find.

OK, here we go!
For the crepes
3 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon honey
For the cherry jam
1 cup cherries, PITS REMOVED
2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the whipped cream
1 cup of coconut whipped cream*
pinch of cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract


*For your whipped cream, get that can of coconut milk you left in the fridge last night and scoop out the coconut cream that has hardened in the top of your can of coconut milk. Leave the water behind.  Then place coconut cream in a bowl, add cinnamon and vanilla, and whip! Toss it in the fridge to keep it cold while you cook!

Get a small saucepan and heat over medium. Add your coconut oil and cherries to the pan. Mix together to get the cherries all oily. Cook them down but keep stirring now and then so they don't burn or start to stick.

In the meantime, put a large skillet over medium heat. Add your crepes ingredients to a larger bowl and mix WELL to make sure there are no coconut flour lumps.

Once the skillet is hot, add some coconut oil to coat. Pour a small amount of the batter on the skillet. Just like little pancakes. I kept them little so that I could flip them easy enough. Crepes are super thin so they can break up pretty easily ... of course that didn't happen to me. <.<
Cook for a minute on each side. Do this until the batter is gone. Set them aside to cool a little, unlike me ok?

Hopefully you haven't forgotten about your cherries. Once they are soft, add your honey in there and mix everything all up.

Your crepes should be cool now. Start stacking!
I put whipped cream between every crepe and dumped a pile of my cherry jam on top. I then proceeded to stuff my face and now I'm sitting here, fat as a dumpling and full as a happy pig, typing this up for you.
I'm not sure Gary is going to like this recipe. It's a little coconutty but he likes lemon juice on his pancakes so maybe without all the toppings he'll like it.  If  he doesn't, I'm not going to cry because then I have more for ME!

The only thing that would make this recipe better is if someone came over and cooked and cleaned for me. Oh and a mimosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment