Monday, July 23, 2012

Olive Creations

My sister-in-law, Tonyia, suggested that Gary and I find a local store in our area that sold high end olive oil. I was feeling especially lazy that day and didn't feel like looking one up so she found one, looked up the address and URL for me and I checked it out the following day.

This begins my love affair with Olive Creations. It's quite the drive from Buckeye but once we got there we knew it was totally worth it.
They're a small store and I really, really like that they are a local, family and Christian owned company.
As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted and asked if we'd ever been there before. We, of course, said "no" and so she started to explain everything to us. At first we felt overwhelmed. One wall is lined with balsamics and the other wall is lined with olive oils. All throughout the small store were little, plastic cups so that you could sample EVERYTHING and boy did we. They had about 20 different flavors of balsamics and I'm going to guess about 30 olive oils.  Each futis* was marked with what was in it and also gave suggestions as to which oil or balsamic paired well with that one and suggestions as to what to use them for. There were also little recipe pads through out the store so you could peel one off and take them with you! Although the main attraction is the oils and balsamics I noticed they had homemade pastas in there (which are actually Paleo friendly). They also have a good selection of flavored sea-salts and salsas and probably more that I didn't see because we spent so much time tasting all of the oils and vinegars.
We left with 2 bottles of balsamic and 2 bottles of oil.

Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil














 Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar











In the end, I'd recommend this store to anyone, especially those who love to cook and discover new flavors.
 I am REALLY looking forward to trying these in recipes and drizzling over salads or anything else I can get my hands on.

Olive Creations
2480 W. Happy Valley Rd Suite 1202
Phoenix AZ 85085
623-587-6005





*Highly polished, stainless steel containers used for wine, milk and olive oil.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Rachel! We look forward to seeing you again and we are so happy you love your oils and balsamics!
    ~Olive Creations

    ReplyDelete